Sunday, November 2, 2008

Emmerich Soup Off

The 7th Annual Emmerich Soup Off was held on Nov. 1st. This year I was only going to make 1 soup, no practice runs either.... yeah right. Friday night I am making two different kinds of soup and having John taste test for me to decide the winner. One was Spicy Chicken Tortilla Soup from former GMA co-host Joan Lunden and the other was the famous Olive Garden Tuscano Sausage Soup. Both are very good but the Tortilla soup is the winner.

With 6 different soups as the cast of characters with lots of taste testers the winning soup was DiAnn's Creamy Broccoli. As they were counting the ballets and crowning the winner I was busy getting the news from Shannon having a baby so I missed this whole process. John said as we were headed to the hospital, don't worry Gayle and DiAnn used your camera and took pictures..... hummmm they must not know how to turn it on because there are no pictures on my camera. They wanted me to send in the crowning to the Emmerich Reporter because the 2008 winning soup DiAnn stole from the Emmerich Cookbook submitted by Tabitha Poyda.

Our next event was a 22 shoot, the closest to the bulls eye wins a prize. Starla won the first round. The 2nd round Adam's friend Shawn stole it away from John and the 3rd round was won by Adam. It was suppose to be open sites and as you can see Adam cheated.

Uncle Brad helping Adam's girlfriend Sarah to shoot, this was her first time ever shooting a gun.


Brad helping Shawn's girlfriend Robyn, this is also her first time. After we were done Adam and Shawn had these girls shoot at the own target 3-4 times and they got to keep them. They were so excited that they shot a gun and they hit the target.

Gayle used my camera while I was shooting, I must have left it turned on.


Another first time shooter this year was Joanne. She has never shot a gun, we talked her into trying it this year.


DiAnn's first time shooting.


Our first time to the hospital I forgot my camera (I know how could I forget my camera?), we left Elly there for about an hour and when we went back to pick her up I remembered it. Here is Shannon, Elly and Garrett.


Shannon looks a little pale, she must have worn off all her color in the birthing tub. She was in there for about 3 hours. Shannon likes to pick days the Emmerichs are all together to have her babies. Last time it was Kristi's graduation party and everyone knew at the same time and now this time the Soup Off. All are doing well.

No comments: