Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Halloween Parade

Yep it's the Halloween Parade, I love to go and watch the parade and this year I had a big surprise.... John and Adam didn't want to go! I was pouting around the house not wanting to go by myself. Just like that Shannon called and asked if I wanted to go with her and Elly, of course I do.
Elly absolutely dislikes wearing any type of costume, so this is what you get. Elly dressed up like Elly. Adam didn't like dressing up either, he didn't like going trick or treating, he didn't like getting the candy, he didn't like anything about Halloween so we could never take him, now El is following in his footsteps and Shan is not happy with it.
Here she is with her friend "M" who is wearing a costume!!

Good thing one of the floats gave away a tiny picture book so El was happy about being at the parade. All the candy that flew her way was shared with "M". As soon as she got the book, the heck with the parade she looked at her book like 15 times.
Here's the Medford Area Senior High School Band.

And Broom Hilda was a smash hit. Isn't she just the scariest witch you have ever seen?

Does anyone recognize the face on this witch?? You can click on the picture to make it bigger so you can really check it out and guess who it is.

The MC this year for the parade was Kris she got a ride in a bucket. She did an wonderful job and the parade had 60 floats and took a long time, we were all frozen by the time the firetrucks got there. Oh yeah I almost forgot to mention the horses.... this year there were so many horses and of course they always have to stop right in front of us. Those animals scare me more than Broom Hilda.


And on the way home El trick or treated at the Doghouse where the guys were warm and cozy in their shack. The bar is done and some of the walls are getting done, the guys are doing a good job making it a pleasant place to visit for anyone.

Ken, John, Elly, and Ed

Oh... the witch is Gayle on the Reflections float.

Happy Halloween

2 comments:

Lynn said...

I think it is so funny that Elly won't dress up. Most kids love that!

I never realized that Ken, Dad, and Ed looked so much alike until you take a picture of them all together! Sheesh!

The Doghouse is coming together! So much better then the last one with the dead cow in the back bedroom! I think that is the start of Adam's funny side!

The Rau's said...

Good thing you've got Ellyn to go and do the things John & Adam don't want to do with you anymore. I do not look forward to the day when they would rather do something else than what I want them to do!!
Can you please send the picture of Kris in the bucket to my email. Could be used in blackmail :)
Thanks.